Are any of you experiencing friend feeds that are not complete and up-to-date? On lots of occasions, the most current post will be from someone like 4-6 hours ago, which is a little unusual because generally my friends post things all during the day. Also i have been noticing several of my friends posts that do not show up and I miss their most current photo completely. Just curious if anyone else was noticing this or had a similar experience like this. Thanks for any input. Jeff :)
2. Real tree or Artificial? this year, artificial
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually xmas day night, but since i like my new tree i got last weekend, it may stay up for a while.
5. Do you like egg nog? hell no... Just give me the vodka
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I know some of you probably think it was an easy bake oven but I think I would say matchbox cars and the racetracks that go with them.
8. Hardest person to buy for? usually my dad, but this year was pretty easy.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? always mail, but this year i didn't do any. (my, it does sound like i am totally unprepared this year)
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I am sure it involved an article of clothing purchased by a straight person with no sense of fashion. I'm not saying all straight people have no fashion sense, just some of the ones I know.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? anything by bel ami or titan
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? This year i actually started in October.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Never for a major gift, but yes for co-workers.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's dressing, her chicken nuggets and her chocolate creme brulee. Also my grandmother's sweet potato cassarole
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? white
17. Favorite Christmas song? too many to mention
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? travel usually
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? of course, but i have to sing the rudolph the red nose reindeer song to do it.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Neither one of those is the top i'm looking for...
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? xmas eve
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? incompetent drivers especially in parking lots.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? this year it's purple moravian stars.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Traditional xmas dinner with everything.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? refer back to # 20...
26. Lights outside? Tasteful of course...
27. Mistletoe? yes, always on my belt buckle.
Howdy my buzznet peeps. Guess who is in Houston visiting in-laws and on her way back to Wales? Yes, I just got off the phone with Rhiwena and we are going to dinner tonight! I am so excited about meeting her. The very FIRST buzznet original! As luck would have it, she is staying only about 5 minutes from where I live. We are having Greek food tonight and don't you know there will be pics for your enjoyment possibly tonight when I get back home! I think I shall be the envy of buzznet tonight!
Houstonist.com, a website owned by the Gothamist network, used one of my photos for their Photo of the Day today. It was a pleasant surprise and is my 3rd time landing in their P.O.T.D. I was stoked!
Check it out at http://houstonist.com/
Scroll down until you see me in my green chucks standing on a red rug.
Last night i attended the opening reception of the first ever Houstonist Photo show- "600 sq mi: Photos from Houston". It's a juried exhibition of photographs from Houston, from Main Street to the coastal prairie and everything in between. The photos show what makes Houston what it is: the buildings, the landscape, the people, the art, the taco stands, the shotgun houses, the freeways.
The 600 sq mi exhibition will run at MSquared Gallery in the Heights from Sept. 5 - Oct. 7, 2007. Had I known about submission deadlines in time, i would have submitted something, but alas, i didn't find out until the deadline had passed. The gallery was absolutely packed and it was literally difficult to move. It was a really cool evening though, because when I arrived with my friend and co-buzznet cohort p3t3rt, i heard this voice calling out across this veritable sea of people, "Hey, i know that face! I know you. You are pixeltopia. She was the first of 4 people that were actually displaying photos in the show that came up to me that said they "knew" me. It was a fantastic experience and i can't wait to be a potential part of it next time. If you're interested, be sure and check the photos of the gallery show on Houstonist.com. They have put quite a few on their page but I believe more are coming tomorrow.
Ok, Mark (panasonicyouth) tagged me today for the latest buzz enjoyment. Top 10 celebrity crushes. This was easier than I thought. Hope that doesn't make me a trollop...
1. You post your top 10 fantasy guys/girls
2. You tag 10 people.
3. You CANNOT tag someone who has already been tagged.
4. You have to let the people you tagged know that they've been tagged.
5. These are the rules they must be repeated every time.
6. THERE MUST BE PHOTOS! AT ALL TIMES!
#10 Paul Walker
who cares if he can act. Those baby blues get me every time.
#9 Matthew McConaughey
Makes me glad that I live in Texas now...
#8 Mark Walhberg
What gay man didn't devote some attention to Mark back in his days with Calvin Klein?
#7 Bruce Willis... yea, i said Bruce Willis.
At age 52 this man has even more sex appeal than he did 20 years ago. And i simply can NOT resist a shaved head...
#6 Mark Consuelos
Sure he's a soap opera star but who cares. I have never been so jealous of Kelly Ripa in my life.
#5 Mario Lopez
I realize that Mark has already claimed him, but people, let's be reasonable...look at those dimples! He could save my bell anytime.
#4 Antonio Sabato Jr.
This was manna from heaven for me when I was younger. My heart still skips a beat.
#3 Ricardo Antonio Chavira
Another TX boy. This is why i am glued to Desperate Housewives on Sunday nights.
#2 Ricky Martin
I simply can't help it. Truly, i can not. He affects me...
And for # 1 - Adam Rodriguez
Adam is the ultimate. If you looked up the perfect man for Pix in some magical book, Adam's picture would be there. Gasp and swoon. My heart races and breathing quickens when i watch CSI Miami. Rarely does someone affect me on such a visceral level, but he certainly does...
Ok, here's my tagged list:
Okay. SO.... Mark (a.k.a Panasonicyouth) started this thing
Here are the rules:
1) Only list 8 facts.
2) You must then list 8 TAGS at the end of the post. This means you must name 8 people on Buzznet who now must do the same blog.
3) Go comment on their profile and tell them to come read yours! Mark demands participation.
1) I play the piano and am currently trying to find a way to acquire a Steinway Baby Grand.
2) My small hometown in SC is named after a number and even has it's name in the zipcode. Ninety Six, SC - 29666
3) My fave great aunt and great uncle have a large family of 7 children and each of those 7 children graduated from college and now live in a different country: Germany, Korea, Canada, Belgium, Chile, Alaska (ok, not a foreign country but pretty close) and USA.
4) As a child, I took bowling lessons for a short time.
5) Asheville NC is one of my fave places in all the world.
6) I love to cook. I love to eat what i cook...
7) When I was 12, my brother and I were riding our motorcycles (little Honda 70's) and we ran into each other. His kickstand went through my left leg. I spent a week in the hospital because of it.
8) I can't dance. Totally didn't get the gay dance gene. When it comes to dancing, I am overly caucasian.
And this is who I tag:
jellico, p3t3rt, boz48730, spritopias, thatmissgrace, melpixie, alexv, and ramirkriza
Each of you must tag 8 more people and you can't tag someone who has already done one. Make a friend.
What is your middle name?
What color is your mailbox?
Are you single?
Have you ever hit a deer?
Yes. It bounded across the road and I hit it's right hind quarter. Then it recovered and galloped off to be reunited with Bambi. My car suffered minor hood damage.
Do you have to drive over a bridge to get home?
Yes, bayous are everywhere in this city as well as overpasses.
What color is your room?
Which room? Bedroom? The walls are beige.
Do you have a small driveway?
No one has ever called my "driveway" small...
Do you know anyone with the same ringtone as you?
What do you do first in the morning?
open my eyes.
What brand is your printer?
I have a canon here at home but I have never taken it out of the box. I just use the color laser in my library if i need to print.
Do you enjoy fighting with people?
No. unnecessary stress
Is your hair naturally straight or curly?
When i had hair, that was the only straight thing about me. Been shaving my head for the cue ball look for 6 years now.
Who was your kindergarten teacher?
Mrs. Warner. She was also my 10th grade typing teacher!
What is your ringtone?
something that came with the phone.
Are you taller than your dad?
What curse word do you say the most when you're pissed?
Are you God?
Only in my library at work.
Do you like someone?
Do you enjoy writing in colored pens? I assume this means colored inks. No, it has to be either blue, black or blue/black. And no ballpoint pens. Only fountain pens or sharpie extra fine point (which are difficult to find) in blue.
Does anything hurt on your body right now?
Do you often cry during a movie?
Are you kidding? I cry at McDonalds commercials.
Last phone call you received?
From my dad last night.
Last text message?
From my ex, Israel.
Do you hate your life?
No i fucking love my life!
Do you get mad easily?
Not really, but i do get upset when i KNOW that i am right about something.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
There are several but I will go with someone in a car that is behind me at a traffic light blowing their horn the INSTANT the light turns green. That's the fastest way to make me take my own sweet time.
Are you cold?
I am rarely ever cold.
Do any of your friends have kids?
Do you know anyone that is pregnant right now?
Who should pay on the first date?
The one initiating the date.
How many years older than you are you willing to date?
3 or 4. However I am 17 years older than my most current ex.
Do you have any friends?
yes, i have been blessed.
Do you have any mean friends?
No. Unnecessary stress.
What is the ugliest color to wear in your opinion?
On me it would have to be orange. Even though orange is secretly my fave color, on extremely fair skinned people like myself, it is a total no-no.
Have you ever liked someone who all your friends hate?
unfortunately yes, a long time ago before I moved to TX.
Have you ever felt like driving off a cliff, seriously?
Have you ever contemplated suicide?
Do you scratch your ears?
With Q-tips. I love to have an eargasm with a q-tip.
Who was the last person to hug you?
My friend Billy last night.
What brand are the pant/jeans you're wearing right now?
that would mean that I would have to take them off and look at the label. Let's just say they are cargo shorts that i bought at Nordstrom.
How tall are you?
Six foot three inches.
What is the closest green object?
a tablet of multicolored paper.
If you were born the opposite sex, what would your parents have named you?
My mom told me once that had i been a girl, they would have named me Dana Michelle.
Do you want to have kids?
No, I have 1800 of them every day.
What is the brightest color you're wearing?
Who is the friend you have that you would never have expected to have?
I try and seek out people that are fun, intelligent, laid back, and non pretentious. Most of my friends fit with my personality so I really don't have anyone that stands out as an anomaly.
Who do you hate the most right now?
George W. Bush.
What kind of car do you want?
I am really happy with my current car but down the road, when this car falls completely apart, I'd like to have another volvo.
What is your favorite video game?
I don't play video games.
Do you have any TV shows on DVD?
yes, Lost season 2
Are you wearing make-up?
uh, no. Is this question to determine if I am emo?
Do you have a tattoo?
no, but have been giving it serious thought lately. I get henna tattoos every now and them.
Have you ever broken a pinata?
only during sex...
What time is it right now?
3:08 pm, CDT
Do you know how to draw?
Who loves orange soda?
Who did you last IM?
Dave, about an hour ago.
Do you work a lot of hours?
8:00- 5:00 only during the school months. School is over at 4:00, but I keep the library open until 5:00 each day.
Where were you in the last 24 hours?
At home, then dinner out at one of my fave places, then out to my fave bar in Montrose around 10:00. Got home around 2:30 am.
Who was the last person that called you?
As i said earlier, my dad. Pay attetion, will ya?
Is there anything you regret?
of course. Everyone has regrets. I just don't want to share some of mine right now. (you know, statute of limitations and all...)
Do you know where your family name originated from?
Scotch and English.
Is there an animal that creeps you out?
insects and spiders and bugs, oh my...
What is your favorite color ON A CAR?
Do you use digital or film cameras?
Do you own an iPod?
yes, a 30 gb video U2 special edition.
Have you ever been on a charter bus?
Yes. Back in SC, I used to take a group of my students each year to either DC, NYC, Chicago, Boston, or Orlando. I then got wise and dropped the chartered bus and we just flew to those locations rather than spending untold hours on a bus.